Lemon Berry Cheesecake
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 pinch salt
- 1½ cup cashews (soaked for 15 minutes in boiling water)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup tinned coconut milk (full fat version)
- 1/2 cup honey(or maple syrup if vegan)
- Blend dates into a paste in food processor, then set aside.
- Top tip: If the dates are abit dry, soak in hot water for 10 minutes before blending.
- Blend pecans into a meal in the food processor. Then put dates back in (with a pinch of salt) and blend until it forms a slightly sticky ball.
- Press a tbsp of base mixture into muffin cases. Top tip: It's easiest to use the silicon muffin cases.
- Blend the filling ingredients in a high-speed blender until very smooth. Refrigerate tinned coconut milk overnight and then scoop the cream from the top.
- Top tip: The extra coconut liquid is brilliant in smoothies.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin cases. Then add a tsp of wild berry honey or your favourite topping if vegan. Tap the muffin tin to release air bubbles. Then freeze until firm.
- If using the silicone cases, they should pop right out. They will keep in the freezer for about 2 weeks. Enjoy frozen or thawed. Yum!